This documentation covers most important parts of Runtime Editor. Unlike previous versions of the documentation, I tried to concentrate more on examples rather then documenting each property of each script. Let me know what examples you would like to see.
Start with following sections:
- Getting Started with Transform Handles
- Getting Started with Runtime Editor
- Getting Started with Save & Load
- Expose To Editor
- Event methods
- Runtime Selection
- Runtime Undo
List of Features
- Position, Rotation, Scale Handles.
- Grid, Box Selection, Scene Gizmo.
- Global & Local coordinates, Local & Center pivot point modes, Vertex & Grid snapping.
- Gizmos for Colliders, Lights and Audio Sources.
- Scene navigation, Orthographic & Perspective view.
- Undo & Redo API.
- Object selection API.
- Object life-cycle Events.
- Play & Edit mode.
- Configurable Inspector.
- Component & Material editors.
- 16 Built-in property editors.
- Add Component control.
- Multiple Scenes and Cameras support.
- Dock Panels & Windows Management.
- Dialogs, Message Boxes, Confirmations.
- Easy to extend with new windows.
- Configurable Main & Context menu.
- Fast Virtualizing Tree View for Hierarchy and Project windows.
- Configurable Save & Load subsystem (almost no coding is required).
- Easy to use Project API.
- Static Assets, Asset Bundles and Dynamic Assets support.
- Load assets on demand.
- Multiple Projects support.
- Animation Editor.
- Terrain Editor.
- ProBuilder Integration.
- Runtime Scripting
Runtime Editor 2.0.5 to 2.1.0 upgrade procedure
Following upgrade procedure is intended to make Runtime Editor v2.1.0 compatible with saved files created by Runtime Editor v2.0.5.
- Make sure you have PersistentClassMappings and PersistentSurrogateMappings prefabs in Assets/Battlehub/RTSL_Data/Mappings/Editor folder. In case you don't have these prefabs go to Tools->Runtime SaveLoad->Persistent Classes->Edit and click Create Persistent Classes button.
- Remove all subfolders from Battlehub folder except RTEditor_Data and RTSL_Data. Also remove RTSL_Data/Scripts folder.
- If you didn't change anything in RTSL_Data/CustomImplementation then remove it also
- In case you have your own custom implementations go to Scripting Define Symbols in Player Settings and add RTSL_MAINTENANCE. Please NOTE! that after finishing upgrade procedure this define symbol must be removed.
- Reopen project in Unity 2019.3.0f1 or higher.
- Import Runtime Editor 2.1.0.
- Open Tools->Runtime SaveLoad->Persistent Classes->Edit and click Patch Mappings button
- Click Build All button.
- Runtime Editor is upgraded, saved files should load without issues.
Make sure RTSL_MAINTENANCE scripting define symbol added at step 2 was removed
Hi, I am Vadym. I made a lot of efforts creating Runtime Editor but this was interesting and rewarding experience. First version of Runtime editor was released in June 2016 and was pretty simplistic. Current version is much more sophisticated but in the same time much more flexible and contains a lot of useful features. If you have any questions or suggestions send an email to Battlehub@outlook.com or join this support group. I hope you will enjoy using Runtime Editor and it will be helpful.